The UP Community is hereby informed of the call for applications of the Hokkaido University (HU), an academic partner of the university, for its HU President’s Fellowship 2020. According to HU, this scholarship is for prospective students enrolling in Master’s, Professional, or Doctoral programs who plan to enroll in October 2020. Applicants must possess an excellent academic records and strong interest in HU and Japanese culture.
As an academic partner, University of the Philippines can nominate one (1) UP student/alumnus to the fellowship.
- Current UP student or alumnus
- Students who are already enrolled at HU cannot apply for the fellowship.
- Applicants must be self-supporting, without other scholarships or fellowships when enrolling in HU.
- Applicants must posses a General Weighted Average that is in the top 25% of the class.
- Letter of Intent
- Certification issued by the applicant’s college that the applicant’s GWA is in the top 25% of the class
- Completed Application Form (HU Form)
- Consent letter written by prospective supervisor (HU Professor) which can be submitted even after the UP deadline. For reference of possible prospective supervisor, please visit this website:
- Official Transcript of Records
- For a Doctoral program, both the undergraduate and the graduate transcripts must be submitted.
- Letter of Recommendation from a supervisor at your university.
- Applicants must submit all the application documents to the Office of International Linkages via email at [email protected] on or before 13 December 2019.
- Selection criteria is similar to the criteria of HU:
- Suitability of field of study and research theme
- Excellence of transcript
- Letter of Recommendation
- Applicants will be informed in two weeks time of the result of the application through email.
For more information, kindly visit the following link: