“AUN-KU Winter Seminar on Human Security Development and Energy Science” is co-organized by the Graduate School of Energy Science (GSES) of Kyoto University and the ASEAN University Network-Kyoto University Student Mobility Program toward Human Security Development. It is designed for undergraduate students to study the concept of Human Security Development (HSD) and Energy Science. The main theme of this seminar is energy development, which is an important issue in Human Security Development. The participating students are expected to deepen their knowledge on human security development and energy science with the prospect of finding solutions to technological, socio-economic and political issues in Asia specifically. The seminar will offer lectures and class discussions as well as organize field trips and cultural events. Applicants are not limited to engineering, economics, or science – all fields are welcome.
Date and Venue
11-23 January 2021, Kyoto University, Japan (Due to the spread of coronavirus infection, it is likely to be held online)
Criteria and Eligibility
- Undergraduate students from AUN member universities
- Students in all fields are welcome
- The number to be admitted: 25 students
Costs (Only applicable for the physical event only. If the event is held online the participation fee and other expenses will not be collected)
- Participation fee: JPY 10,000 This fee includes field studies, and other necessary expenses during the seminar. All participants should pay this fee in cash in JPY on the first day of the seminar.
- Participants are also required to organize and pay the following costs:
- A round-trip flight ticket
- Travel expenses between the airport (e.g. Kansai International Airport, Osaka International Airport (Itami)) and Kyoto
- Fees related to visa applications
- Travel insurance
- Cost of Meals
- Kyoto University will reserve a hotel for all participants (Accommodation costs are covered by the programme)
Scholarship (If the event is held online, the scholarship will not be given)
The 15 applicants as selected by the programme committee will be eligible for a scholarship from JASSO (Japan Student Services Organization). The amount of this scholarship is JPY 80,000 per person (tentative).
Please find attached documents for further information about application:
Deadline for Submission: 25 September 2020
Applicants shall submit the application package directly to ASEAN University Network via google form.
Inquiry regarding submission of application, please contact:
ASEAN University Network Secretariat Chawanvit Panprasert (Mr.) E-Mail: [email protected]
Inquiries regarding the contents of seminar, please contact:
School Affairs Section, Administration Office Graduate School of Energy Science, Kyoto University Yoshida Honmachi Sakyo-ku Kyoto 606-8501 JAPAN Tel: +81 75 753 5576 Fax: +81 75 753 4745 E-Mail: [email protected]