Office of International Linkages
University of the Philippines
A National University with
International Dimensions –
Linking UP to the World
OIL promotes academic and research collaboration with universities all over the globe
through student and faculty exchange, joint research, network participation,
sharing of educational resources, and other international academic
and research activities.
Promoting international friendship
and cultural enrichment
In our Student Exchange Program, students pursuing undergraduate or graduate studies are given the opportunity to study abroad.
The purpose of the exchange program is to promote international friendship, cultural enrichment, and knowledge exchange.
Implementation of the student exchange program will strictly follow the Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR)/Guidelines
and requirements of specific MOA/MOU for the specific student exchange program.
Inbound Student Mobility
UP accepts international exchange students from partner universities around the world. UP through the Office of the International Linkages (OIL) accepts the endorsement and the application documents of the student for review and appropriate action.
Outbound Student Mobility
UP through the Office of the International Linkages (OIL) selects UP students to participate in partner universities’ student exchange program around the world. Generally, sophomore or junior year UP students with good scholastic record are eligible to apply.
For UP to actively participate in the internationalization/globalization arena,
the present administration through the Office of International Linkages (OIL),
Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs (OVPAA)
spearheads the following programs
Are you interested in doing your research abroad? Then, COOPERATE is the right program for you!
Looking for financial support for your international conference? The Hosting grant is the one for you!
These programs were approved by the Board of Regents during its 1298th meeting on 30 June 2014 with appropriate budgetary requirements.
- Temporary Suspension: Acceptance of Travel Grant ApplicationsWe appreciate the strong interest of the UP Community in participating in internationalization activities, as manifested by the number of grant applications we received. However,… Continue reading Temporary Suspension: Acceptance of Travel Grant Applications
- Czech Republic Delegation pays Courtesy Visit to President JimenezBy: Ivan Kurt M. Monasterial Deputy Speaker Skopeček, Czech Ambassador to the Philippines, H.E. Šedivá with UP President Jimenez – Photo by Misael Bacani, UP… Continue reading Czech Republic Delegation pays Courtesy Visit to President Jimenez
- Taiwanese Delegates from Edu-Connect SEA visit University of the Philippines for STEAM MeetingBy: Ivan Kurt M. Monasterial A delegation from Edu-Connect Southeast Asia Association, led by Dr. Eing Ming Wu, visited the University of the Philippines (UP)… Continue reading Taiwanese Delegates from Edu-Connect SEA visit University of the Philippines for STEAM Meeting
- UP OIL Conducts Strategic Planning in Baguio CityBy: Ivan Kurt M. Monasterial The Office of International Linkages (OIL) of the University of the Philippines (UP) conducted a strategic planning activity in Baguio… Continue reading UP OIL Conducts Strategic Planning in Baguio City
- Internationalization OpportunitiesWe are pleased to share with everyone the following internationalization opportunity announcements from our partner universities and institutions: SCHOLARSHIP AND EXCHANGE PROGRAMS The annual SMU… Continue reading Internationalization Opportunities
- Forging Academic Partnerships for Internationalization: Harvard Philippine Forum visits UPBy: Guillian Mecate and Ivan Kurt Monasterial The Harvard Philippine Forum (HPF) is a close-knit family of Filipinos, Filipino-Americans, and friends that celebrates and shares… Continue reading Forging Academic Partnerships for Internationalization: Harvard Philippine Forum visits UP
- UP, PHL In-Net Universities attend ANTENA Final Conference in DLSU ManilaBy: Ivan Kurt Monasterial The Office of International Linkages attended the ANTENA Final Conference as the official representatives of the University of the Philippines. Dr.… Continue reading UP, PHL In-Net Universities attend ANTENA Final Conference in DLSU Manila
- UP, CLSU facilitates 5th ANTENA Replication WorkshopBy: Ivan Kurt Monasterial The University of the Philippines through the Office of International Linkages, together with the Central Luzon State University (CLSU), co-facilitated the… Continue reading UP, CLSU facilitates 5th ANTENA Replication Workshop
- UP participates in APWiL Mentoring Program 2022By: Patrick Owen Tuaño The APWiL Mentoring Program provides international and intercultural opportunities for the empowerment, professional growth, and development of aspiring women leaders within… Continue reading UP participates in APWiL Mentoring Program 2022