The University of the Philippines (UP) accepts international exchange students from partner universities around the world. UP through the Office of the International Linkages (OIL) accepts the endorsement and the application documents of the international student for review and appropriate action. OIL sends the Notice of Acceptance along with the other necessary documents and information for exchange student to their university’s International Office.
First Semester: 1st week of August-2nd week of December
Second Semester: 1st week of January-4th week of May
- Must be endorsed by the International Relations Office of the home university
- Language requirement: Sufficient English language proficiency to cope with the requirements of the courses
- GPA: preferably 3.0 or better
Information on Courses
Courses are subject to availability and satisfaction of prerequisite/s. Students may refer to the following for an overview of the courses:
Application Procedure For Inbound Exchange Student
(1) Deadline and Requirements for Student Nomination
- Nomination letter from the Home University
- Official Transcript of Records with GPA computation
- Accomplished UP Inbound Student Exchange Application Form
- Proof of English language proficiency (if available)
- AUN-ACTS online generated Application Form (for AUN-ACTS applicants)
Nominations must be submitted by the home university International Relations Officer (IRO) via e-mail to [email protected] Nomination deadline for the first semester is 15 April, while the nomination deadline for the second semester is 15 September.
After receiving the nomination documents, we will do an initial evaluation then forward the documents to the preferred UP campus. We will wait for the reply from the UP Campus if the nominees will be accepted and for the required application packet.
(2) Deadline and Requirement for Student Application
OIL will e-mail the following information to the home university IRO after the nomination period: the list of qualified students and required application documents from the respective UP Campuses. The application documents must be accomplished by the student. Scanned copies of the student’s application documents must be submitted by the home university IRO to [email protected] for review. Once the forms were found in order by UP, the hard copies of the application documents must be sent by post (unless otherwise stated) to the address below.
Office of International Linkages
University of the Philippines
3rd floor, South Wing, Quezon Hall
UP Campus, Diliman, Quezon City, 1101 Philippines
Application deadline for the first semester is 30 May, while the application deadline for the second semester is on 30 October. OIL will send the hard copies to the CUs (if hard copy is required) for the processing of the Letter of Acceptance.
(3) Issuance of Letter of Acceptance
OIL will send the Letter of Acceptance to the accepted students via email as soon as it is available.