Applicants must register first in the OIL Portal and create an applicant profile to access the online application form.
Kindly use a UP Mail account in the OIL Portal Registration. Once the online application form is accomplished with complete document attachments, our office will process the application based on merit and availability of funds.
*Application Process Update: Applicants for Travel Grant Support will temporarily submit their applications through the Travel Grant Email ([email protected]) due to the Systems Update for Travel Grant Application Module. Form templates can be requested via email.
|Schedule of the International Conference||Submission Period and Deadline||Schedule of Evaluation Meeting|
|January to March||August to October of the previous year|
Deadline: Last working day of October
|April to June||November to January|
Deadline: Last working day of January
|July to September||February to April|
Deadline: Last working day of April
|October to December||May to July|
Deadline: Last working day of July
Other requirements for the grant are as follows:
- Attachment 1: Abstract of the paper (For Faculty/REPS, include the citation of a recent research in an ISI-listed publication or its equivalent)
- Attachment 2: Applicant’s 2-page curriculum vitae (For Faculty/Graduate Student, include copy of Form 5 or a certification that you are enrolled on the period of travel)
- Attachment 3: Official invitation or acceptance letter from the conference, which indicates the title of the invited lecture or accepted paper
- Attachment 4: Information about the conference
- Attachment 4a: Conference Announcement
- Attachment 4b: History and Track Record
- Attachment 4c: Conference Organizers
- Attachment 4d: Previous Conference Publication/Proceedings
- Attachment 5: Recommendation letter from the adviser endorsed by the Chancellor/Dean/Head of the Institute/Adviser
- Attachment 6: Details of financial assistance (e.g. amount, coverage, proposed utilization)
Note: Please make sure that the signatories of the application are in one page. For roundtrip economy tickets, the applicant/grantee must travel to and from the Philippines only.
- Applications for in-person presentations must be submitted according to the schedule shown above. Applications for virtual/online conferences, on the other hand, are accepted year-round.
- Applicants must accomplish the Travel Grant Application Package. The PDF file is available in the OIL Portal, which can be accessed through the OIL Website or requested through the TG official email
- The applicant must secure the certifications or signatures required in the certification page of the application form, including the endorsement of the UP CU Chancellor, prior submission of Travel Grant Application to UP OIL.
- Application evaluation is done by the OIL System Travel Grant Program Staff. Applicants will be informed of the result through email.
- Grantees must attend the pre- and post-travel orientation sessions.
- The grant will be released in the form of a check or through direct deposit to the grantee’s Landbank account.