UP Undergraduate students can take courses at partner international universities. These courses may be credited when they return to UP. Aside from taking courses, UP undergraduate students may also conduct their research or attend a degree-related training abroad.
Tuition fee at the host university is waived; that means, UP outbound students will only need to shoulder the visa fee, roundtrip airfare, insurance, living allowance, and accommodation fees.
To be eligible for the program, the applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled in UP at the time of application
- Must be a Sophomore/Junior standing in the next academic year
- Seniors may apply provided that they have remaining of at least 24 units (exclusive of current semester) for mobility in the first semester and at least 36 units (exclusive of current semester) for mobility in the second semester
- Not a previous exchange student
- Must show strong motivation and interest to experience higher education and cultural diversity
Applications must be accomplished using the online application form (please see application process below) attaching the following documents:
- 1-page Curriculum Vitae
- True Copy of Grades
- Certification of General Weighted Average
- Certification of Remaining Units
- 1 Recommendation Letter from previous professor/instructor addressed to:
MOVE-UP Outbound Student Exchange Selection Committee
Office of International Linkages
3F South Wing, Quezon Hall
UP Campus, Diliman, Quezon City
- Approved Study Plan
- 500 word essay
Pick a societal issue and discuss how a student coming from an international exchange program can address/influence/effect changes to the chosen societal issue
- Copy for Form 5 and UP ID
- Interested applicants must register in the OIL Portal to access the Online Application Form. A PDF copy of the application form will be emailed to the registered email address and the applicant must post-process the application form by affixing the required signatures.
- Once the application form has been signed and duly endorsed by the UP CU’s designated international relations office, the applicant must upload the application form and the required attachments to the OIL Portal on or before 15 January of the present year
- Initial evaluation will be conducted checking the eligibility of the students.
- Qualified applicants will be invited for an interview tentatively scheduled on the third week of January
- Application results will be sent to the successful applicants via email. Applicants will inform OIL if they will proceed using the MOVE-UP Confirmation Form and MOVE-UP Student Exchange Letter of Consent and Waiver
- OIL will guide the successful applicants in their applications to their respective host universities